Smoked Italian Cacciatore Salami
Smoked cheddar and jalapeno scones recipe
This smoked New Zealand Lamb Leg Recipe is the result of a lot of research and also one of the best.
- lamb leg
- ten gloves of chopped garlic
- one quarter of a cup with soy sauce
- one cup of pomegranate or apple cider
- three tablespoons of sea salt
- a few shakes of ground pepper
- chopped onions, milk and corn starch according to the wanted sauce quantity
- Mix the marinade ingredients together and rub it into the leg of lamb.
- Use a baster to get the marinade into the cavities, but don’t cut the string holding the roast together.
- Place the lamb in a ziplock bag, or equivalent, pour in the rest of the marinade and throw it in the fridge at least overnight.
- The next day, preheat the smoker to about 93°C, and put in 2 hours of pecan and 1 hour of apple bisquettes.
- Smoke the lamb until the internal temperature is 60°C (about 3 – 3,5 hours).
- Put the lamb on the second rack space from the top, and put the pan 2 rack spaces down.
- When the temperature hits 60°C, take the lamb out and dutifully wrap it in foil, then a towel, and put it in a cooler.
- Take the drippings from the pan in the smoker and put them in a saucepan.
- Add chopped onions, cook until they are soft, add a bit of milk with corn starch in it to make a gravy.
- Serve the lamb with the sauce. A real delight!