Smoked Scallop Martini Appetizer
Smoked Herb and Garlic Shrimp
Perfect recipe of prawns with smoked sausages and brown rice. It will totally blow your mind!
- 16 large prawns
- 250g of brown rice
- two/four smoked sausages
- six cloves of garlic
- four shallots
- one quarter of a cup with fresh oregano leaves
- two tablespoons of fresh thyme leaves
- 125g unsalted butter
- one tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce
- half teaspoon of salt
- one quarter of teaspoon of ground black pepper
- one quarter of teaspoon of ground white pepper
- one teaspoon of cayenne pepper
- two quartered lemons
- Using a small pair of sharp scissors cut along the top of the prawns.
- Using a small, sharp knife cut into the vein along the top of the prawn and rinse it away.
- Put the garlic, shallots, oregano, thyme, butter, Worcestershire sauce, salt and peppers together in a food processor and blend into a paste.
- In each of the prawns, place some of the paste between the shell and the prawn.
- Preheat the Bradley Smoker to around 100°C.
- Using Alder flavor bisquettes smoke/cook the prawns for approximately 40 to 60 minutes or until done.
- On a stove, boil rice, but not too much, try to keep it almost hard (not to absorb a lot of water, otherwise they become pilaf).
- Inside a pan, stir fry the sausages until the fat melts, then add rice and shrimps.
- Cook over low heat to a preferred consistency, you can also add to your taste some of the paste you made earlier.
- Serve accompanied with lemon wedges.