These Smoked Herbed Turkey Sausages are a healthy alternative to pork sausages. Turkey is lower in fat than pork, but it can be as flavorful. All you have to do is combine ground turkey with a mix of spices and smoke the sausages using maple bisquettes.
- 1,4kg of ground turkey meat
- half finely diced onion
- three tablespoons of fresh sage, finely chopped
- three tablespoons of fresh parsley, finely chopped
- one tablespoon of fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- two teaspoons of fresh thyme, finely chopped
- three teaspoons of salt
- one teaspoon of black pepper
- hog casings
- Combine together ground turkey, onions, and all spices together.
- Soak hog casing in cold fresh water for 30 minutes.
- Flush casing with water.
- Stuff casing and twist off links.
- Preheat smoker to 107-121°C.
- Hang sausages and smoke with maple bisquettes until an internal temperature of 74°C is reached.