Smoked Stuffed Avocado
Bradley’s Famous Hot Smoked Salmon Recipe
This delicious smoked rainbow trout is full of wonderful flavors! Choose your favorite flavor bisquettes for smoking.
- 4 whole trout, gutted and gilled
- half cup of kosher salt
- half cup of brown sugar
- Mix the salt and sugar with 4 liters of water and continue stirring to dissolve the salt and sugar. Place your trout in this brine and put in the fridge, covered, for at least 2 hours and up to overnight.
- Remove the trout from the brine, and proceed to pat dry with paper towels and set on a rack over a baking sheet in the fridge for at least a few hours, and up to overnight. You also have the option to set the fish to dry in a cool place for a few hours.
- Put the fish in the smoker, hanging or on the grates, and get a nice cool smoke going. Slowly let the temperature in your smoker to 93°C and hold it between 79-93°C for at least an hour, and up to 4 hours. Do not let the temperature get above 107°C. If it does, set a tray of ice in the smoker.
- When your trout is smoked, you can eat them warm or chilled.