New Zealand Smoked Lamb Leg
Blueberry Smoked Cheese Sandwich
These Smoked Cheddar and Jalapeno Scones are not difficult to make. Just be careful not to over mix the batter. The scones are ready when just starting to brown on top. Best served straight away, however these are also very tasty when served at room temperature.
- two cups of flour
- three tablespoons of baking powder
- half tablespoon of salt
- half cup of cold butter, cut into small cubes
- one cup of smoked cheddar cheese, grated
- half cup of jalapeno slices, minced
- three quarters of a cup of milk
- Preheat the smoker to max temperature.
- In a bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Add the cold butter to the bowl and using a pastry blender, cut the butter into the flour. Continue until a crumbly consistency is produced. Stir in the grated smoked cheddar cheese and minced pickled jalapeno peppers.
- Pour the milk into the flour and stir together with your hands or with a baking spatula, until combined. Work gently and be careful to not over-mix the batter.
- Spread a little flour on a flat work surface. Dump the batter onto the floured work surface and pat down to make a square. Cut into 4 quarters then again cut diagonally into 4 more.
- Place the wedges on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes until the scones start to brown on top. You can add more flavor using bisquettes, check the guide for more.
- Best served straight away, however these are also very tasty when served at room temperature.