Smoked Polish Sausage
Smoked Potatoes with Cheese
This is a delicious way to use those smoked breakfast sausages. It’s a simple and quick recipe that makes a hearty breakfast or brunch.
- two tablespoons of oil
- one diced onion
- one diced green pepper
- two minced garlic cloves
- 750g of frozen hash browns
- 450g of smoked breakfast sausages, cut into 1,5cm pieces
- half tablespoon of cayenne pepper
- salt and pepper to taste
- 6-8 eggs
- Heat oil in a skillet on medium heat. Add onion, green pepper and garlic. Cook until they are tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add the frozen hash browns. Cook for about 10-15 minutes, so that the hash browns cook through, and start to crisp up on the outside. Stir often, scraping the bottom of the skillet.
- Stir in the smoked breakfast sausages, cayenne, salt and pepper. Cook for another 7-10 minutes, stirring often.
- In another skillet, fry the eggs sunny side up.
- Scoop some of the hash onto a plate. Place one or two eggs on top of the hash.
- Serve hot.